If you are unable to use Community Transit's regular route buses due to a disability or condition, consider using Dial-A-Ride Transportation (DART).
DART paratransit service:
- Can pick up or take a qualified customer to or from locations within 3/4 of a mile of a Community Transit local, non-commuter bus route.
- Is available during the hours that the bus route runs in that area.
- Offers DART trips which take about as long as that bus ride.
For more information on DART, operated by Senior Services of Snohomish County, visit www.dialaride.org
How to Apply for DART Service
If you believe you qualify for DART service, please request an application packet by calling DART:
- 425-347-5912 or 800-562-1381
- TTY Relay: Dial 711
An application is complete when DART has all the information it needs to determine if you qualify; the qualification process can take up to 21 days or less.
Purchasing DART Paratransit Tickets and Passes
Community Transit sells DART Paratransit tickets and monthly passes for use by DART customers.
DART passes and tickets are:
- Good for face value ($2.25) on all regular Community Transit buses.
- Not accepted by any other transit or paratransit agencies.
Please note: ORCA cards are not accepted on DART buses.
DART & Mobility Devices
DART will transport customers in mobility devices to the extent possible with our equipment.
- If you use a manual wheelchair, please bring a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) if you need help over rough terrain or steep slopes. Also bring a PCA if the combined weight of you and your manual chair is more than 350 pounds. These conditions can be a safety hazard to you, the driver and the vehicle.
- Currently, the combined weight of user, mobility device and all belongings and accessories cannot exceed 800 pounds. Your mobility device must not extend into the aisle after being secured. We encourage you to back your devices onto the lift when loading, as this will facilitate a more successful boarding. We will do our best to serve you.
- Call DART at 425-347-5912 or 800-562-1381 if you have an oversized mobility device or if you have concerns about your device being compatible with the lift or DART vehicle. Let us know if you change your mobility device at any time.
- If you use a mobility device and you have steps at your residence or destination, arrange for someone to help you up and down the steps.
- If you use a power scooter, it is safer for you to sit in a bus seat while riding on the vehicle. We will help you to a seat and then make sure your scooter is secured.
- Drivers will not push power chairs or scooters.